Headless-Chicken-ManHeadless-Chicken-Man

Main Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 4 Fans

Stickz In Da Dark Ages Stickz In Da Dark Ages

I quite enjoyed this.
It's not exactly a masterpiece but what it has isn't flawed. Animation is smooth and good watching, style is very nice.
It is obvious that it's a bit of a test though, since it goes nowhere and is awfully short.
Good work, though. I hope this helps ease you back into animating and perhaps we'll see a quality short from you in the future. Maybe even a front-pager!

Phun With Old People Phun With Old People

Not particularly "phunny". You got a play button and start screen down, there was a bit of sketchy animation on both the old man and the attacker. Nice if you could've made some walk cycles/backgrounds/sounds.
You get a star because the old man going down was fluid (and pretty much the best part) and also the shaky arm.
Everything else was poor. To be honest with you, even though it was short and stupid, if you'd put more time into the animation and stuff it may have passed for mildly amusing.
If you make something else, work harder before submitting.

Duds123 responds:

Thanks! Your review is greatly appreciated. I'll take your advice into consideration.

skittles (short) skittles (short)

Not really up to par.

I gave you half a star, because what little movement there was, actually moved.

jakesgalaxy responds:

yeah sorry i was busy with my family so i only had about 5 minutes to make this

LUCKY DAY FOREVER LUCKY DAY FOREVER

I really liked this. I enjoyed the style and the story on the whole. The backgrounds were really stunning, particularly in the rundown town. I thought maybe the "ideal city" imagery was a little stark and less interesting, but I can understand that was maybe intentional.
I wouldn't say it was the most original dystopia tale, but it tackled the story in its own way, and I think a lot of the recognisable elements were more references, and nods to previous works, than being outrightly derivative.
All in all a wonderful piece of animation - beautifully executed.
(I'm also glad it took a team, because at the beginning I was afraid it was a one-man show that absolutely pooped over everything I've ever done. :p)

Blue Hippo Extravaganza! Blue Hippo Extravaganza!

Errm.. no.

As mildly humorous as I found this...

Just no. This isn't up to scratch in my personal and honest opinion.
Animation was.. ok..
Music was just a pain, so varied and like.. it's almost not worth it considering it takes like.. 20 seconds to read your "fun hippo facts"..
Art could use improvement, but that's just an experience thing, keep trying.
Interactivity was pretty good, given what it is.

I just plain don't like this enough, sorry.

I do feel there is a huge potential for hilarity and awesome conceptually though.
Random humour is always a winner.

Try again, work harder and good luck.

TheRuining responds:

The flash was made to inform the public about Blue Hippos and their living enviroment, that is all.

Cartoon Series Preview Cartoon Series Preview

Wahey!

This is crazy awesome.
You are right though, it's definitely not perfect, needs some tweeking.
But for a pilot, it certainly makes me want to see more. This. Must. Be. Made. It has promise by the truckload. The art is immense.
If I was gonna be critical, which I think I should be, so it can be perfecto. I would say that the sound needs a little bit of work, just a little quieter, maybe not so close to the mic, so there's no clippyness. I think the animation could be smoother, it may be my computer, may not, but it seems the tiniest bit choppy, little puppety, but it's alright as it is.
Humour, awesome. Just awesome, hope you keep it up.
I see this being a mighty successful venture. Wish my associates where of a similar calibre :P
Good luck, guys.

insertnamehere85 responds:

Thanks, I hope I can find the time to finish these episodes.

Edible Castle #3 Edible Castle #3

AHAHA!

This actually had me properly laughing from the beginning, best episode by far!
Now you've set a challenge to keep the quality up for up coming episodes..

brilliant, just pure genius..
love the style the animation, but I mean all that is standard Mr. Arbuckle you are the pinnacle of animatory deitism..
The story sound and voices are all excellent as well Mr. Dennis is a genius and should be revered about the land, and many others also, you two are a great team...

I just hope that I myself could possibly achieve the levels of quality you consistently show through all your outputs, or at the very least be merely associated with something of this quality.. preferably the former..

My hat of to you sirs, well done..

.... too much? well I don't mind a bit of overkill if necessary..

EdibleCastle responds:

wow, u knew who did what, impressive!

Apples and Tangerines Apples and Tangerines

hehe wobbly..

I liked that, it was... nice, very odd and surreal, and I couldn't help but think there was some strong message I was missing.. some powerful imagery and animation there.. there were some parts where I felt some things should be more wobbly to fit with the moving objects in the scene, although equally the objects themselves could have been... unwobbly.. that's the only small criticism I have.. and even then, it's still good..

well done, perhaps we'll see more of you in the future.

OwnageInTheFlesh [I/C] OwnageInTheFlesh [I/C]

s'aight

It's not bad, but this really isn't the place for unfinished projects, or the reception of constructive criticism, this is possibly the worst place for that.. very few people here bother to give good solid constructive reviews, I always try to, and appreciate receiving them, anyway

I can see this gettin good, pretty smooth, there's a little something lacking though.. there's just.. something a little bit.. solid about it, I'm nt sure, but yea, graphics are pretty nice, works well, not a fan of the music, and as long as the real thing is much longer, and perhaps moves about a bit more, I would predict great things for this, it could get there, but it's not yet, keep workin.

DB-Anims responds:

thanks alot, dude. this was actually an old project i ditched. im going to continue working on it now that i have learned new techniques and a "fluider" way to animate. Hope to see more comments from u on later animations!
-FB

Who Goes There? Part 6 Who Goes There? Part 6

Well done..

My friend, you have surpassed yourself, from the beginning I knew this had potential, and I told you even, and as I said, in the more recent episodes, you have moved from strength to strength, I also really commend your responses to the criticism you have received, from my initial pace related comments to the sound and voice aspect, going back and re-dubbing the originals? man, that's commitment to your series, and it paid off magnificently, the ending I must say was a little.. rushed as it were, quickly moving to the solution, and killing of the lead role, nice twist :D it did seem, though, when the captain killed the doctor, that you kinda got a bit.. shall we say, lazy? and went for the whole anti-climax, instead of a provocative speech on.. something.. but yeah, the open ending was alright.. perhaps another series in the same "world" at some point, but the speech could have left it open as well.. I mean, a lot of unanswered questions there.. but yes, it is a masterpiece and you should be proud. i think I've rambled enough, but it makes up for the lack of reviews on your other parts, congrats on the awards too.